My cousin just had a baby and I was reminded of all the things I loved for my babies when they were itty bitty. The first few items that sprang to mind were Kissy Kissy footies (so soft and durable, and what both of my children lived in for the first six months of life — I passed each and everyone down to cousins/children of my friends), these fleece booties (the only thing I could find that actually stayed on my babies’ feet), and this Baby Bjorn carrier, seen above. I treasure the photo above of my grumpy little baby, being schlepped against his will up and down the streets of Manhattan. I couldn’t have survived raising two young children in New York City without that carrier! I think he lived in it for the first six months of his life.
I was also really grateful for these Avent bottles, which both of my children immediately took to (I know some babies are picky about the nipple, and we had a few brands that my children summarily refused). I liked that they came in various sizes, including a small 4 oz one, that they were easy to clean (minimal parts), and that you can buy different “speed” nipples to suit the needs of your baby. I remember mini got so frustrated with the slower speed ones, but micro used the slow speed ones for the entirety of his newborn days.
01. SERENA AND LILY CRIB — SO CHIC!
03. SCHWEITZER LINEN BABY LINENS — THE PRINT REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF D. PORTHAULT!
04. 1212 KIMONO ONESIES — THESE WERE MY FAVORITE ONESIES…REALLY STRETCHY, SOFT, HIGH-QUALITY COTTON WITH A LAP-STYLE COLLAR THAT MADE IT EASY TO PULL OVER BABY’S HEAD…AND THE KIMONO STYLE IS GREAT FOR TINY TINY BABIES
06. BABY BJORN MINI — I COULDN’T GET THE HANG OF ANY OF THE WRAPS OR OTHER CARRIERS…BUT I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS ONE…EASY TO USE, SECURE, CUTE
07. FLOKATI STORAGE OTTOMAN — WE USED AN ALMOST IDENTICAL ONE AS AN OTTOMAN FOR MINI’S GLIDER
08. LA COQUETA KNIT BABY SET — BOTH OF MY BABIES WORE VARIATIONS OF THESE SETS FROM THIS BRAND…ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS
10. ZUTANO BOOTIES
12. PEHR BIN — LOVE THESE FOR CORRALING SWADDLES, TOYS, DIAPERS, BOOKS, SOCKS, ETC
13. KYTE SLEEP SACKS — THESE WERE MY FAVORITE…COME IN GREAT COLORS, AND DIFFERENT WEIGHTS FOR DIFFERENT SEASONS
16. PETITE KEEP TRUNK — SUCH A CUTE WAY TO STOW ALL OF YOUR BABY’S KEEPSAKES (BAPTISMAL CANDLE, CARDS FROM LOVED ONES, BABY SHOES, FIRST LOCK OF HAIR, ETC)
17. DE BUCI BABY BUNNY — ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I BOUGHT FOR MY SON WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WAS A TEDDY BEAR FROM THIS BRAND EMBROIDERED WITH HIS NAME
19. BUGABOO FOX — I LOVED (!) OUR FULL-FEATURE BUGABOO STROLLER AND IT WAS BASICALLY ARE ROAMING HOME BASE IN NYC
20. OXO TRAVEL WIPES DISPENSER — HONESTLY, I STILL KEEP THIS IN MY BAG, AND MY CHILDREN ARE 3 AND 5
P.P.P.S. Motherhood is a surfeit.