My Latest Snag: Farm Rio Top.
My favorite recent purchase is this fabulous and fun Farm Rio top. It is sunshine in fabric form, an instant mood elevator.
This Week’s Most Popular: Winter Finds.
01. RUFFLE SOCKS FOR GIRLS — LOVE THE LOOK WITH MARY JANES OR LITTLE SNEAKERS
02. RATTAN FLOOR LAMP — GREAT PRICE FOR THE COASTAL LOOK
03. OVERSIZED STRIPE SWEATER — LOVE IT IN THE NEW CAMEL/KHAKI COLORWAY
04. CHILDREN’S BOWLS — SUCH GOOD COLORS
05. BOYS BOXER BRIEFS — ACCIDENTALLY BOUGHT THESE FOR MICRO INSTEAD OF BRIEFS AND OMG THEY ARE THE CUTEST THINGS…HE IS SO PROUD OF THEM
06. STRIPED MINI DRESS — CAN’T BELIEVE THE PRICE
07. CLASSIC PLEATED WHITE TENNIS SKIRT — $28!
09. WICKER EASTER BASKET — FELLOW ANTICIPATORS REJOICE…LOOKING AHEAD TO EASTER!
11. CULOTTE JEANS — CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THESE TO ARRIVE IN THE MAIL! HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS AND THEY ARE ON SALE FOR $30?!
12. THE BEST PEELER — EASY TO WIELD, ULTRA-SHARP, AND UNDER $10
13. PERSONALIZABLE DINNER PLATE — LOTS OF PRECIOUS DESIGNS AVAILABLE
14. EMERSON FRY DRESS — SUCH A FLATTERING STYLE
15. WHITE BLOUSE (UNDER $100!)
Weekend Musings: Good Teachers Tell You Where to Look.
I recently came across a quote that read “The best teachers tell you where to look, but not what to see.” The words have returned to me in many of my interactions with my children. How do you scaffold, not instruct? Model curiosity, intensity of focus, but not display the fruits of those labors?
I am reminded of one of the best classes I took at the University of Virginia, in which the professor challenged my academic assumptions with one question scrawled into the margins of my final. He was not answering anything. He was not admonishing me with his own intelligence, thought, experience. He was provoking me to look harder and think more expansively. I am grateful to him for this comeuppance.
In a more abstract sense, I am thinking today of the way in which, when I take the time to listen, to really peer around the corners and beneath the bookshelves, experience (that cruel teacher!) tells me where to look.
Another way to say: trust your instincts.
+Can’t stop buying jeans…guess I’m really needing a wardrobe refresh? But kind of curious about this slouchy boyjean style.
+I love these simple dining chairs.
+Daydreaming of wearing this with a good tan and a pina colada.
+Obsessed with this simple white tote — would be a great baby bag, gym bag, work schlepping bag, etc.
+Love these heart earrings — under $50.
+Have been hearing good things about this simple cleanser. A lot of you have been writing in to rave about the brand’s vinoperfect serum, too!
+Love this peachy-pink Hunter boot color for kids.
+Can’t believe these flats are under $20. They have a high end look.
+This tiny fox chair! My children are both obsessed with foxes. Would be darling for my son’s room.
+Nantucket Kids is running a sidewalk sale, with pieces as cheap as $10. I love this brand because they have a similar feel to TBBC but the prints are a little more unique/less ubiquitous. Love an everyday dress like this ($20!) and classic striped jammies like these.
+I have to be honest – I was confused about all the hype around squishmallows but my daughter adores hers and it’s almost compulsively huggable. It’s difficult not to cuddle with when you’re laying next to it. Ha! A cute surprise for a little one.
Leave A Reply