I am in the midst of testing a bunch of new beauty products after maybe six months of sticking with my trieds-and-true. I know a lot of you are waiting for my review of Westman Atelier’s skin drops (which apparently make your skin look like you’re using the Paris filter on Instagram), but mine have STILL not arrived after a shipping issue. I will say that Sephora has a really good return policy and will accept opened, used cosmetics if it’s clear you haven’t, for example, used half the bottle. I’d never returned a beauty product before, but I did just that after trying the Ilia Super Serum, which came so heavily hyped, but I just could not get it to work for me — the formula “broke,” it did not apply evenly, etc. So if you want to take advantage of the sale to test and see what you think and then return if it doesn’t work…
ICYMI, Sephora is running its annual tiered sale at the moment, which means VIB Rouge members enjoy 20% off and VIB members enjoy 15% off through November 7, and Insiders can earn 10% off starting tomorrow.
Below, a few great beauty buys to snag during the sale, most thoroughly tested and adored by yours truly, and some newer items/labels to consider.
01. RMS BEAUTY PRIMER — I ALWAYS STRUGGLE TO ADD AN EXTRA PRODUCT TO MY MAKEUP REGIMEN BUT WHEN I’M GOING OUT FOR THE EVENING, I HAVE BEEN WISHING I HAD A PRIMER TO SET THE STAGE, AND I LOVE OTHER RMS PRODUCTS
02. LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT HIGHLIGHTING POWDER — HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS AND I LOVE IT…SETS MAKEUP WITHOUT LOOKING CAKEY/POWDERY
03. WESTMAN ATELIER VITAL SKIN TINT DROPS — THE PARIS FILTER, IN COSMETIC FORMAT
04. NEST HIMALAYAN SALT + ROSEWATER CANDLE — THE DESCRIPTION TURNED MY HEAD; I WANT TO LIGHT THIS WHILE I’M GETTING READY / DRYING HAIR / ETC
05. TATCHA DEWY SKIN CREAM — CURRENTLY USING THIS AND HAVE THOUGHTS. I FIND THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT ABSORB AS QUICKLY/SMOOTHLY AS OTHER FACE CREAMS, BUT IT REALLY DOES PLUMP, HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN AS IT SAYS! I’VE LEARNED TO APPLY AND THEN TAKE A BREAK TO DO MY HAIR / GET DRESSED / ETC TO LET THE MOISTURIZER ABSORB…OVERALL, RECOMMEND
06. SAIE HIGHLIGHTER — THE LILAC SEEMS INTIMIDATING BUT IT IS SUCH A FUN HOLOGRAPHIC EFFECT FOR A DEWY NIGHTTIME LOOK
07. ILIA THE NECESSARY EYESHADOW PALETTE — THIS IS A GREAT PALETTE FOR GOING DAY TO NIGHT
08. DIOR LIP GLOW — THIS IS MY KIND OF LIP COLOR FOR EVERY DAY…MY LITMUS IS: “CAN I APPLY WITHOUT A MIRROR?” AND THIS IS DEFINITELY THE CASE WITH THIS BALM-LIKE HINT-OF-COLOR PRODUCT
09. CHARLOTTE TILBURY RADIANT CONCEALER — HEARING GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS NEW PRODUCT
10. MERIT CREAM BLUSH — CURRENTLY USING AND LOVING THIS FROM NEW-TO-ME LABEL MERIT
11. BIOSSANCE VITAMIN C ROSE OIL — MY FAVORITE VITAMIN C PRODUCT…INSTANT RADIANCE AND DOES NOT LEAVE SKIN GREASY
12. ILIA COLOR HAZE MULTI-USE PIGMENT — LOVE THIS IN THE CORAL COLOR
13. WESTMAN ATELIER SQUEAKY CLEAN LIQUID LIP — I’M NOT A BIG GLOSS OR LIQUID LIP GIRL BUT I AM INTRIGUED BY THIS HEAVILY HYPED FORMULA…I FIND W.A. DOES THE BEST COLORS
14. ORIBE TEXTURIZING SPRAY — A MUST IF YOU LIKE TO WEAR LOOSE/BEACHY WAVES
15. CLARINS DEPUFFING MASK — A HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT. I DID NOT KNOW MY FACE CAN GET PUFFY UNTIL I USED THIS…MY FACE FEELS CHISELED AFTER AN APPLICATION
16. CROWN AFFAIR HAIR TOWEL — DOES EVERYONE USE THIS BUT ME? “A SPECIAL MICROFIBER TOWEL THAT SPEEDS UP YOUR AIR-DRY”? SOUNDS LIKE MAGIC
P.S. What beauty tips/secrets do you swear by?
P.P.S. My favorite shower/haircare products.
P.P.P.S. Bathroom decor!