*The bats on our windows on 86th Street on the UWS!
I have never loved dressing up for Halloween myself but I have been thoroughly enjoying making the holiday special for my children. I think most of us who endured the brunt of the pandemic found it helpful to lean into the holidays — inspiration elsewhere ran a bit threadbare during those years. Below, some of my favorite finds for making this Halloween an extra special one. I’ll be sharing a separate post later today featuring some fabulous costumes for little ones (and Halloween outfits for daytime, too).
02. MERI MERI SURPRISE BALLS — A PERFECT PARTY FAVOR
04. WALL/WINDOW BATS — WE PUT THESE ALL OVER THE FRONT WINDOWS OF OUR HOME
06. DOORMAT — LOVE THAT THIS FEELS ON-THEME BUT ISN’T TOO CHEESY OR ON THE NOSE
07. HALLOWEEN PAPER PLATES — LOVE THE DESIGNS…VERY JOHN DERIAN
10. JUMBO GHOST BALLOONS — WE USED THESE LAST YEAR AND THEY WERE SO FUN/FABULOUS (THEY’RE REALLY BIG!)
12. DASH MINI WAFFLE MAKER — MY CHILDREN FLIP FOR THESE…GREAT HALLOWEEN WEEK BREAKFAST TREAT!
13. WOVEN BASKET — PERFECT FOR CANDY, THEN REPURPOSE IN YOUR FAMILY ROOM FOR MAGAZINES, TOYS, ETC
14. GAP GHOST PAJAMAS — BOUGHT THESE FOR MY LITTLES; CURRENTLY $15 A SET
15. LITTLE ENGLISH PLAYSUIT — MICRO WORE THIS WHEN HE WAS A BABY…MEEP
17. MESSERMEISTER PUMPKIN CARVING SET — THE ONLY ONE YOU’LL EVER NEED…STURDY AND DO NOT BEND/WARP LIKE THE CHEAPIES FROM THE GROCERY STORE
18. TARGET STICKERS — LOVE HAVING THESE UP MY SLEEVE FOR A SLOW SATURDAY…MY CHILDREN WILL MAKE CARDS / DRAWINGS WITH THESE FOR HOURS
19. BODEN REVERSIBLE VEST — LOVE THE HALLOWEEN COLORS
P.S. Drafting this post reminded me of our conversation on being “a noticer,” and the gender politics implied. Specifically, I wrote: “I have a strange, persistent hope that one day my children will look back and say, “Mom made everything special.” Why this matters so deeply to me, and seems so fulfilling to me, is an interesting question.”
P.P.S. More home decor for fall.
P.P.P.S. Have you gotten in on the statement loafer trend?